Sometimes I need a little perspective on my life. It gets so messy close up and I need to get a view of the whole picture. I’m sure there’s many different techniques to get this view, to me I only have to think of one question:
What would Little Kara Lee think of grown-up Kara Lee’s life?
(by the way, I came up with this concept before Disney’s “the Kid” ever came out…but it’s basically the same concept)
You see little Kara Lee was a dreamer. Shy, awkward, insecure, but hopeful. Hopeful when she grows up she will be all that she dreams of. But yet, she never saw a way for that to be a reality. Then, somehow, magically she grew up and became grown-up Kara Lee.
Grown-up Kara Lee is happy. (mostly) Working and living in NYC. And, though Kara Lee may not always be satisfied at where she is 5 years out of college. Little Kara Lee has a whole different perspective.
So, what would Little Kara Lee think of grown-up Kara Lee’s life?
“You live in New York city?!! That’s so awesome!
You have the coolest friends! Really, they’re so cool!
You actually work as an actor? Writer? In New York City?!! Wow!”
But, this whole theory was heightened to the –nth degree when the ultimate little Kara Lee dream happened Tuesday this week.
“You met Martha Stewart?! You were on tv!! Out of an entire audience of people, you were chosen…to be on tv, to be interviewed by Martha Stewart! TV!! MARTHA STEWART!!!” (Little Kara Lee does a little happy dance)
Thank you, Little Kara Lee. I’m proud to be the grown up you.
“You’re welcome. How come you don’t have a boyfriend?”
(sigh) Thanks a lot Little Kara Lee.
Thursday, January 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment